If you want to leave the university (OVGU) you have to properly de-register. Also when you have graduated. The de-registration usually will be realized at the end of the current semester, unless you choose an immediate date of de-registration or unless you will be de-registered ex officio.

Therefore, students have to fill out the form “Application for De-Registration” (Exmatrikulationsantrag) and collect the necessary signatures from the following institutions:

  • Examination office of your faculty
  • Security service Building 09 for submission of parking permission (parking card holders only)

Only complete and signed forms will be accepted.

Please submit the form to the Students' Office during their office hours. The Students' Office completes the de-registration process and issues the official de-registration certificate. This certificate is an important document, please make sure that you keep it in your files.

In case you are not longer living in Magdeburg you can submit the filled-out and signed form via postal service or via e-mail to the Campus Service Center. We will collect the necessary signatures for you and send you the de-registration certificate to the provided address on page 2. However, you should be aware that this process will take up to 30 working days, depending on your country of residence.

Please note that we only accept forms that are submitted with your signature. 

Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg
Campus Service Center
Postfach 4120
39016 Magdeburg

If you do not submit the application form, you will not receive the official de-registration certificate. Please find the application form here 

Further questions:

How long will my account continue to work after de-registration?/How long will I still have access to my emails/myOVGU-portal?

After de-registration, your account will be active for another 6 months.
During this period, you will still have access to myOVGU and your email inbox.
Three weeks before deactivation, you will receive a corresponding information by e-mail to your OVGU address.

I still have money on my student ID card.

Money on your student ID card can be paid out by the Infopoint of the Studentenwerk.

I still have money on my print account.

A payout is not possible for technical reasons. However, you can transfer the money to another person.
You can find instructions on how to do this on the URZ website.

I have a negative balance on my print account.
Balance the negative credit against 0 euros as far as possible. The URZ will not charge you.




Last Modification: 17.01.2024 - Contact Person: Webmaster